Saturday, May 2, 2009

Trip Overview

Here is how my trip is going to go. Next Friday, we will be flying to Minneapolis, then we are going to take a bus to Forest City, Iowa, where we will pick up our RV and drive to Anchorage, Alaska, while going through Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, North Dakota, Montana, and up through Canada. Among the things we will be seeing are, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore,and the geographic center of the 50 US states. In Canada we are going to see Calgary, Banff, Glaciers, the Yukon River, and the Top Of The World Highway. In Alaska, we are going to the Arctic Circle, and see Mount McKinley.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christopher! Your trip itinerary looks spectacular. Great job with the Google map. It will be a lot of fun to follow your route through all those states and Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could magically be in Mount Rushmore with you! Did you know that Thomas Jefferson is my historical hero? I learned a lot about him when I was in Williamsburg, VA a few years back. Make sure to get a picture.

    The roast beef sandwiches at Wall Drug (that is a STRANGE name) sound... interesting. Actually, it seems like a Disneyland sort of place. I'll be interested in your thoughts about it when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOUR THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY MILES! Oh my gosh. That is a L-O-N-G way. How many days will it take with all your stops?

    I am so glad you posted this map. We'll almost feel like we're traveling with you!

    ReplyDelete