Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Happy Ending in Anchorage

After 4,300 miles, and 15 days we finally reached the city where the RV is to be dropped off--Anchorage Alaska.

We drove to downtown Anchorage and walked along 4th avenue. Here it is today

And here is is right after the quake on March 27, 1964.


Tomorrow we will drop off the RV and heading to the airport for our flights to San Francisco.

I really liked this trip becasue I saw five new US states, and two new Canadian provinces. My favorite thing that I saw on the trip wash seeing Mount Rushmore. The hardest part of the trip was life in RV--it felt like that was my whole life.

Our Final TOTAL Route!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic journey Chris. We hadn't logged on for a few days and can't believe how far you're got in the meantime. 4300 miles phew! Enjoy the trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris -- I have enjoyed reading your posts. You write well. Thanks for letting all of us share your experience.

    Patrick Houston

    ReplyDelete